Header Ads

Man United Boss Solskjaer Objects Two-Week COVID-19 Break

Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has said he cannot see the benefit of a two-week break in the season, amid fears over a rise in COVID-19 cases.

The Premier League on Tuesday, confirmed 18 positive tests among players and staff in its latest round of testing – the highest figure of the season so far.

It has since emerged that Fulham’s match at Tottenham on Wednesday evening could be called off, after a number of coronavirus cases were recorded by the west London side.

Manchester City’s trip to Everton on Monday was postponed hours before kick-off, while Aston Villa vs Newcastle was called off earlier this month after the Magpies were hit by the virus.

But Solskjaer is concerned what a circuit break would do to an already-rammed schedule.

“It’s not something I’ve thought about a lot. I think our players have been really good in following protocols and rules,” Solskjaer said.

“That’s part of the job here, that we as clubs follow the protocols given. I can’t see the benefit in having a circuit break, whatever it’s going to be called.

“Because when are we going to play the games? We all know this year is so difficult, but I don’t think stopping the games is going to make a big, big change.”

No comments

LET US HEAR FROM YOU ✌🏿✌🏽👇🏽👇🏽

Powered by Blogger.